Thursday, April 26, 2012

How can I hookup my PC to my HDCP compliant LCD?

I have an HDCP complaint LCD with two HDMI inputs. I have a PC with a non-HDCP video card. I was under the impression that as long as the SOURCE didn't require HDCP the picture should display. Shouldn't my non-HDCP signal still show up on my HDCP monitor? If not, are there any effective ways to bypass this other than purchasing a HDCP card? If so, why else would my picture be blank?|||HDCP encryption is initiated and controlled by the source, so you are right, HDCP should not be the issue here.



It sounds like there is something wrong with the plug-n-play negotiation. The PC is ending up either thinking that there is no display attached or it is putting out a signal that the TV can not cope with.



If you have dual outputs then connect up a monitor as the primary, then you can see what you are doing in terms of resolution and refresh rates on the (seconadary) TV.



If you don not have dual outputs, then read the TV specs to find an acceptable resolution and refresh rate, then use the default monitor driver rather than the plug-n-play and carefully force the PC to the resolution and refresh rate the TV should work with. You may want to try a re-boot with the working monitor attached to confirm that it really does come back to where it should be.





If that does not work, beg, borrow or buy a HDMI source to confirm that the TV actually works.|||yea HDCP is just for Hi-Def like Blue Ray or HD-DVD. It's not required for a display to show on your LCD monitor. Did you try plugging in different ports, like Vga or DVI? Try looking at the monitor menu for input changing or what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment